Guardianship vs Conservatorship - Which is Needed?

Guardianship and Conservatorship are two types of probate cases designed to help someone who is a minor or who is incapacitated or disabled. Guardianship concerns the actual person, meaning that a court-appointed guardian has authority over the physical care, medical care, and daily living of the person.  Conservatorship concerns the property of the person, meaning that a court-appointed conservator has charge over the person’s money and other property.

We have a great deal of experience in working with court-appointed guardian or conservator probate cases throughout Kansas and Missouri – largely in the Kansas City area, including Independence, Lee’s Summit, Blue Springs, Liberty, Overland Park, Leawood, Lenexa, Odessa, Olathe, and neighboring cities and counties. Because of recent changes in conservatorship and guardianship law, it is crucial that you have attorney representation. You can rely on our team’s experience to ensure the incapacitated person receives the best care possible.

Get the Help You Need to Care for Your Loved Ones

When clients have to take steps for guardianship or conservatorship in order to care for loved ones who can no longer care for themselves, the probate process can seem slow and frustrating.  Probate Attorney Aaron Cook informs clients about each step and works with them to succeed as quickly as possible in guardianship and conservatorship to help their loved ones.  He offers in-person appointments in his office in Independence, Missouri, or his satellite office in Overland Park, Kansas, and teleconferences to serve clients in any location for their convenience.

Quick & Reliable

We are available via e-mail or telephone.


4016 S Lynn Ct Dr. Independence, MO 64055

Call :